2018 NHEF Annual Scholarship Essay Competition : This is to announce to you that the Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) is now accepting applications from Nigerian undergraduates studying in one of its partner universities for its 4th Annual Scholarship Essay Competition. Winner will be awarded ₦100,000 ( hundred thousand Naira) plus a year of paid tuition.
The Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) is pleased to announce the 4th Annual Scholarship Essay Competition. We are challenging students to think critically and strategically about change and how they can eÙect change in Nigeria.
NHEF SCHOLARSHIP ESSAY COMPETITION BENEFITS
- Grand prize winner of the 2018 Essay Competition will be awarded a cash prize of ₦100,000 with a year of paid tuition.
- The First runner-up will be awarded a cash prize of ₦75,000 with a year of paid tuition.
- The second runner-up will be awarded ₦50,000 with a year of paid tuition.
NHEF SCHOLARSHIP ESSAY COMPETITION ELIGIBILITY
- All students enrolled in their penultimate year at any NHEF Partner University are qualified to participate in the essay contest.
- NHEF Partner Universities include Ahmadu Bello University, Bayero University, University of Ibadan, University of Nigeria, Nsukka and The University of Port Harcourt.
- Students enrolled in their penultimate year are third-year undergraduates of a 4-year degree program or fourth-year undergraduates of a 5-year degree.
NHEF SCHOLARSHIP ESSAY COMPETITION TOPIC.
The 2018 Essay Topics are themed around Technology, Youth Engagement, Gender, and Socio-Economic Growth.
- According to the National Population Commission, Nigeria’s population is currently estimated at 182 million, with more than half of the population under 30 years of age. Assess the importance of youth engagement in Nigeria’s socio-economic growth.
- “The higher education curriculum, in particular, always serves as a means of social control, legitimating [sic] existing social relations, representing somebody’s version of what constitutes important knowledge.” What are the benefits, if any, of instituting a gender-inclusive higher education curriculum in Nigeria?
- Using a case study or example(s), explore how technology can drive social change in Nigeria
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN NHEF SCHOLARSHIP ESSAY COMPETITION
All essays must comply with the following contest rules before submission:
- Respond to one essay prompt;
- Only one essay may be submitted per student;
- No literary form other than an essay will be accepted;
- The essay must reflect the contestant’s ability to explore and discuss ideas and ethical concepts;
- The essay must demonstrate the conduct of research and a sufficiently detailed summary;
- The essay must be 2000 words maximum, double-spaced, (12pt Times New Roman), and numbered pages with one-inch margins excluding bibliography & title page;
- Submitted essay must include a Title Page, a Bibliography and a scanned copy of the contestant’s current student ID;
- The student’s name, university, and registration ID# must appear in the header section of each page;
- References in the essay should be included and clearly identified;
- Entries must be submitted in PDF format;
- All entries must be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. (WAT) on May 31, 2018.
What are the terms and conditions?
Scholarship and Award prizes will be permanently lost if the student: Does: not attend an eligible NHEF Partner University.
Winners will be announced via media channels (NHEF Facebook account, NHEF Instagram account, NHEF Twitter account, and NHEF Website).
Winners will be contacted via communication method provided during application submission.
The NHEF will make reasonable attempts to contact winners following announcements via media channels.
Failure to claim prizes within 30 DAYS of announcement date, will automatically forfeit winnings.
The student is found to have provided false or misleading information in claiming the award.
The student fails to provide documentation to clarify an error or contradiction regarding his or her claim information that is discovered after the being selected.
Unsatisfactory academic standing /Academic Probation will result in immediate forfeiture.
- DISCLAIMER: Submitted essays will become the property of the NHEF. The NHEF may reprint the essays in its mediums and publications. Appropriate citations will be given to all the writers.
NOTE: Enrollment will be verified with the University’s registrar.
For more updated information about Apply And Win ₦100,000: NHEF Scholarship Essay Competition 2018, drop your name, email and questions in the comment box below