Apply for UNITE 2030 Hackathon Competition 2018 for Worldchangers
UNITE is calling application for the UNITE 2030 Hackathon Competition 2018. UNITE 2030 is a virtual, two-day hackathon for the Sustainable Development Goals. The goal is to unite the next generation of world changers in order to ignite social changes by turning their passion into action.
World changers from around the globe will virtually convene for a 48-hour hackathon. They will be split into 4-5 teams based on social issues they are passionate about. Teams will now be presented with a challenge they must solve within the presented time frame. Throughout the 48 hours, Worldchangers will watch workshop hosted by world-class experts, work closely with their team to quickly and diligently address the problem.
About the Competition:
The mission for UNITE 2030 is to unite the next generation of worldchangers in order to ignite social change by turning their passion into action. At IDHouse, beliefs are rooted in the power of collaboration across like-minded individuals to tackle critical international challenges. During UNITE 2030, communities of young worldchangers and friends will be united to form teams, ideate, and begin building new solutions and models to tackling the SDGs.
- Participants must be 18-30 years old at the time of conducting the event.
- Participants must have fluency in English.
- Participants must have access to a computer (with a working microphone, camera and speakers) for the entire duration of the event.
- Participants must have access to a strong WiFi connection.
- Participants must have a passion for making the world a better place.
Value of Competition:
- Global judges will select finalists, and the winners, who will take home the title of UNITE 2030 Global Champions 2018.
- Winners will have the opportunity of taking their idea even further, working with UNITE Youth Delegate Programme.
- Participants will have the opportunity of taking UNITE 2030 to their communities.
How to Apply:
Please note that while UNITE 2030 is 95% funded, they require a small payment to ensure that you actually turn for the event!
Click here to find an event and apply.
August 30, 2018.