Cultural Diplomacy Platform Global Cultural Leadership Programme (GCLP) 2018 (Fully Funded to Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
Application Deadline:14 June 2018, 23:59 CET (Brussels) time.
Are you a young cultural manager/practitioner looking to develop and strengthen your cultural leadership skills? Are you excited to be part of a growing international network of young cultural professionals?
The third edition of the Global Cultural Leadership Programme (GCLP) is made for you!
For the third edition of the GCLP, the Cultural Diplomacy Platform is looking specifically for applications from outstanding cultural managers from Brazil, Canada, China, Japan, India, Mexico, Russia, South Africa, South Korea and the USA (3 participants from each of these 10 countries), as well as from the 28 Member States of the European Union (10 participants, each from a different EU country).
The participants to the GCLP 2018 will come from different fields of relevant cultural practice in their respective countries and represent sectors that are specifically interested in reaching out with their work globally.
This third edition of the GCLP will take place in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, from 27 October to 2 November 2018 (arrivals October on 27 and departures on 2 November).
- Travel, accommodation and meals are covered by the Cultural Diplomacy Platform.
- Candidates who wish to be considered for participation in the third edition of the Global Cultural Leadership Programme (GCLP) shall apply through the online application form on the website
- Please note that candidates will be asked to fill in information on their CV, as well as an expression of interest (approx. 500 words), which should outline the candidate’s motivation, and what he/she can bring to the learning group for sharing with his/her peers during the training. Candidates should also state what they intend to take away from the training to their own working realities back home.
- In addition, candidates will be asked to upload (in a pdf format) the description of an on going or prospective cultural project (not more than 1.000 words, pictures and media support are also accepted) that is being implemented/to be implemented in the near future. Candidates should specify the following:
- Background and context
- Strategic and specific goals
- Main activities
- Expected results and impact
- Individual implication
- Candidates will be selected by the management team of the Cultural Diplomacy Platform and selected tutors from the group delivering the programme.
- Selected candidates (30 from the ten Strategic Partners of the EU, and ten from the EU) will be informed about their participation by late July 2018.
- The management team will assist selected participants in their travel preparations (including visas) and bookings.